Partners in community wellbeing. It is what drives us to do what we do. We are committed to ensure our work advances a sense of belonging, inclusivity, and vibrancy in our communities by collaborating with one another and external stakeholders to make this happen.
Placemaker is a real estate development company with over 15 years of building homes and neighbourhood stores for our community. We strive to do our part in maintaining and improving the wellbeing of each of those communities and delivering joyful spaces that our community partners are proud of.
We are looking for a skillful and passionate Senior Accountant to join our team.
The Senior Accountant will work with the CFO to oversee the accounting team. They will ensure that the day-to-day financial activities are completed accurately and efficiently while making continuous improvements to streamline processes and accounting controls. The successful candidate will thrive in a diverse environment where cross-functional collaboration and teamwork is essential.
General Accounting Operations:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of accounting operations, oversee all transactions related to general ledger, AP/AR, financial reporting, project accounting.
• All accounting from original entry to trial balance, prepare monthly and yearend reconciliations and monthly management financial statements.
• Plan, direct, and coordinate operational accounting functions, surfacing recommendations for continuous improvements and implementation of new processes.
• Oversee and support Accountant who does AP, AR, AR credit applications and approvals with project management team, and bank reconciliations. Become fully cross-trained in role to cover position when Accountant absent.
• Prepare and monitor project cashflow as well as consolidated cashflow statements for all related entities including amalgamated operating, investing, and financing statements. PlacemakerCommunities.ca
• Partner with CEO to develop and monitor business performance metrics.
• Work with the project management team to draft, manage and monitor project budget costs, project cash flow, and report on and explain variances.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Prepare and present monthly / quarterly / annual financial statement reporting to the executive team.
• Prepare and present quarterly source of funds and use of funds reports to the management team.
• Prepare and present annual corporate budget & investing, financing and operations cashflow statements.
• Prepare and file bank, employee, tax and other compliance type reporting.
• Manage, administer, and record payroll, employee benefits and corporate insurance, and track attendance including absences.
• Prepare GST returns for all associated entities.
• Prepare T5018s annually.
• Reconcile tax payments against GL accounts.
• Coordinate year-end tax filing activities with external accountancy groups.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• 5+ years of experience in similar role with multiple projects, responsibilities, and supervision of at least one team member.
• CPA designation with minimum five years3+ years of experience in the real estate development industry.
• Proven experience using technology to manage finance; experience preferably using Accumatica, Jonas Premier, Procore, Argus Developer, etc.
• Proven experience building-out accounting controls/processes.
• Excellent time management and organization – ability to multi-task, change priorities as circumstances arise, manage expectations and adhere to deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A competitive salary.
• Extended dental, medical and vision benefits.
• A great office location – located right off the SeaBus in the vibrant Lower Lonsdale neighbourhood.
• Pet friendly office – bring your best friend!
• Opportunity to grow your career in the multi-family sector while leading your own department.
• An office culture where we celebrate wins and encourage professional and personal growth.
We know work isn’t only what you do, but who you’re surrounded with and how you’re able to do your work. Led by the strength of our values of courage and community, our culture is shaped by employee ownership, building on each other’s contribution, and collaborating in order to deliver the much-needed housing Vancouver needs. We help you take charge of your career and give you growth opportunities along the way.
BE A PLACEMAKER: Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and portfolio to Careers@PlacemakerGroup.ca.